|Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and upload. Forgot your password?|
|File Listing: MinimalDF|
Last Updated: Aug 22, 2010, 01:07:49 am
First Created: Aug 20, 2010, 10:07:31 pm
(mod request post here)
A vastly less complex DF, designed for daunted new players.
- Replaces all stone types with generic igneous layers, a generic metamorphic layer, and a generic sedimentary flux layer (obsidian's still there)
- Pretty much anything can show up in any layer, but there's a better chance of certain things in certain places
- Plaster can be made from sedimentary rock/flux
- Obsidan and generic flux show up in large clusters
- Three generic gem types (ornamental, semi-precious, precious), plus rock crystal
- One generic coal type, one generic iron type, everything else bar silver/gold/platinum/tin/copper removed.
- Steel making no longer requires pig iron
- Generic soil type, generic sand type, no aquifers except under oceans
- Replaces all overland tree species with generic tree type; underground trees removed except tower-cap
- Removes dimple cups and kobold bulbs (gnomeblight), quarry bushes now overland and thus cannot be embarked with
- Many essentially purposeless creatures culled
- Slightly modified init files (lowered G_FPS, PRINT_MODE:STANDARD, turned economy off and ZERO_RENT on, adjusted path restriction weighting)
Full update history can be found in the included "minimalDF changelog" text file.
|More From This Author|